Imperfect Patch Kit
Please select all options.
This imperfect patchwork and little stitchings kit is designed for mending, decorating, and creating. This kit accompanies me everywhere. The envelope is machine-stitched out of green plant-dyed organic cotton/hemp and is lined in vintage cotton with a stitched cotton twill wrap closure. Kit measures 8 x 6” with 25” closure.
Each kit contains mending essentials:
- a 16-page booklet filled with patching instructions and full-color stitching inspiration
- a handmade needle book with Merchant & Mills straight pins, safety pins, and 3 sizes of hand-sewing needles
- a handmade leather thimble
- (9) 4-inch squares of plant-dyed organic cotton hemp
- sharp sewing scissors with a hand made wool felt protective slip
- a wooden tag with 4 colors of cotton embroidery floss.
Meet the Maker: Kata Golda
Kata Golda is a craft studio in the mossy seaside town of Port Townsend, WA run by Taproot Contributor Alison Kaplan. The business is named after Alison’s great grandmothers who laid the foundation for hand work in her family. Kata Golda preserves and promotes crafts such as needlework, letterpress, pottery, hand-dyed textiles, stitched felt and bookbinding. Alison finds inspiration for her work in the woods, farmlands and beaches of her Pacific Northwest wonderland.